The difference between a poor quality flat iron and a professional flat iron will literally make or break your hair. You wear your hair every day…it is worth investing in a good iron. Points to consider when shopping for a flat iron – professional flat irons feature the most sophisticated technologies and provide the best styling. When choosing a flat iron, it’s important to consider your hair type and length. You may also think it’s a good idea to buy the same iron your best friend has, but if your hair texture is different, your results may never be the same.
“Which Flat Iron is Best?” Consider Key Points:
- Plate Width – which will be based on your haircut and the look you are going for.
- Your hair type – is your hair straighten nicely, or somewhere in-between..?
- Temperature Needed / settings – depends on your hair texture and styling needs (here is a guide for the temperature you should be considering based on your hair type):
- Thick, Coarse, Curly: 380-410 degrees
- Normal, Medium, Wavy: 360-380 degree
- Thin, Fine: below 360 degrees
- Plate material Ceramic, Titanium, Tourmaline… (click here to read more)
TIP: Do not forget to use a flat iron spray when using any hot tools, I really like Aveda Heat Relief Thermal Protector & Conditioning Mist.